- Nobel University welcomes the transfer of course work from accredited institutions. Institutions include those that have been accredited by an agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Outside the U.S., a provincial or national authority such as the Ministry of Education usually approves some institutions.
- Credit is evaluated on a course-by-course basis, requiring that course descriptions and credit values be comparable.
- Only work earned with a grade of “C” or higher is transferable to the undergraduate program and “B” or higher to the graduate program; however, grades from transfer credits do not compute into the Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Grade Point Averages are computed solely on courses completed at Nobel University.
- Under exceptional circumstances and with the approval of the Chief Academic Officer, transfer of credit may be possible from unaccredited institutions. In addition, Nobel University takes steps to ensure that course work taken at the previous institution is comparable to the course work offered by Nobel. These steps include one or more of the following:
- Demonstration of achievement by means of comprehensive examinations;
- Review of syllabi, grading standards, and other relevant learning resources at the sending institution; and
- Analysis of historic experience regarding the success of transfers from the sending institution.
- If a student wishes to apply transfer credit to his/her program, the transfer should be arranged after receiving a letter of acceptance.
- In order to request this transfer, a student should submit a Transfer Credit Approval Form and arrange for an official transcript (signed and sealed) to be mailed directly from the previous institution to the Registrar’s Office of Nobel.
MAXIMUM TRANSFERABLE CREDITS
- Undergraduate students may transfer up to sixty (60) semester credits or ninety (90) quarter units.
- Graduate students may transfer up to six (6) semester credits or nine (9) quarter units.
QUARTER/SEMESTER UNITS CONVERSION
- Nobel University uses the following conversions: Quarter Units X .667= Semester Units.
- Quarter units are converted to semester units by multiplying the quarter units by .667. The resulting figure is not rounded. Only the first two digits to the right of the decimal point are used. Example: 25 quarter units x .667 = 16.675 semester units = 16.67 semester units (NOT 16.68 or 17.0)
- The same formula and rules are used to convert quarter grade points to semester grade points. Semester units are converted to quarter units by multiplying quarter units by 1.5. The resulting figure is not rounded. Only the first two digits to the right of the decimal point are used. Example: 25 semester units x 1.5 = 37.50 quarter units (NOT 38.0)
NOTICE CONCERNING TRANSFERABILITY OF CREDITS AND CREDENTIALS EARNED AT OUR INSTITUTION
- The transferability of credits you earn at Nobel University is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the degree you earn in the educational program is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the credits or degree that you earn at this institution are not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your coursework at that institution. For this reason, you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending Nobel University to determine if your credits or degree will transfer.
- For example, if you entered Nobel as a freshman, you may still be a freshman if you enter another college or university at some time in the future, even though you earned credits here at Nobel University. In addition, if you earn a degree in our Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and/or Master of Business Administration program, it may not serve as a basis for acceptance to an advanced degree program at another college or university. Transferability of credit always rests with the receiving institution. It is your responsibility to confirm whether or not credits will be accepted by another school.
- Nobel University does not imply, promise, or guarantee transferability of its credits to any other institution. This statement is provided in accordance with California Bureau for Private Postsecondary (BPPE) and Vocational Education Reform Act Section 94816(b), January 1, 1998.